Growing our Flower Farm
Bracken & Bloom
A British Flower Farm on the Devon/Dorset/Somerset border.
Follow our journey to flourishing flowers.
- Autumn flower farm preparations – PeoniesPeonies are stunning. But I have never grown a peony before and when my bare root peonies arrived I was a bit unsure as to what to do with them! (And which way up the go into the ground!) I bought six bare root plants from Kelways in Langport, Somerset. They arrived looking fantastic butContinue reading “Autumn flower farm preparations – Peonies”
- Autumn Flower Farm preparations – TulipsThe first, seasonal flowers sprouting in Spring will be tulips. I ordered some bulbs from a British supplier and tried to pick some unusual varieties that would stand out from the supermarket budget tulips flown in. Being the first year, I didn’t want to over do it so calculating that each bunch would contain 15Continue reading “Autumn Flower Farm preparations – Tulips”
- Bracken. Everywhere.In August 2020, the flower farm was very much still an idea in my head! Then my parents offered an area of land to use to start to put my ideas into reality. I was very pleased! The area of land was great… even though the Bracken was as tall as I am in places!Continue reading “Bracken. Everywhere.”
- Sweet peasI love sweet peas! The colours, the delicate petals and, of course, the scent! I wanted to incorporate them in to the garden and the idea was to grow them around a teepee structure for the children to play in. I thought growing sweet peas for the first time would be a doddle. I haveContinue reading “Sweet peas”
- Courgettes!Courgettes are one of the easiest and most giving plants to grow. We started the seeds off inside, transferred to bigger pots and into a mini-greenhouse, and once the last frost had gone, we planted them straight into the ground. Since the middle of June (we are currently in northern France), we have had aContinue reading “Courgettes!”